McGill Guide Citation Format
Users can access the Canadian Guide to Uniform Legal Citation, otherwise known as the McGill Guide! We’d like to thank Vicki Leung from the University of Windsor for suggesting this idea.
How to Locate the McGill Guide Citation
Let’s begin by constructing a search in the Law Journal Library. Browse by Country and choose Canada from the list of countries. Using the search bar located above the Canadian journals, enter “trial scientific evidence”~20 and click the search button. This proximity search locates articles from these journals which have the words trial, scientific, and evidence within 20 words of each other.
From the results page choose the first article titled, R. v. Awer and the Dangers of Science in Sheep’s Clothing. Next, click the Cite button located above the table of contents.
The Cite button will provide a variety of citation formats, including the McGill Guide. Users have the ability to export journal citations to Refworks, to Endnote, or as a Text File from the cite button in HeinOnline.
Was this article helpful?
- How to Use the Venn Diagram Search (Video)
- Entities in HeinOnline
- Using PathFinder to Browse
- Using PathFinder to Search
- PathFinder: HeinOnline’s Multi-Level Discipline Taxonomy
- Availability Facet in the Law Journal Library
- Assign a Trusted Individual to Your ORCID Account
- Disconnecting an ORCID iD from HeinOnline
- What Is ORCID?
- Creating an ORCID Account and Linking to HeinOnline
- Linking a Pre-Existing ORCID Account to HeinOnline
- Explore This Author
- Venn Diagram Search
- Bold Matching Text
- HeinOnline Widgets
- HeinOnline Icons
- Language Facet in the Law Journal Library
- Helpful Features in HeinOnline
- Topics and Entities in HeinOnline
- More Like This in HeinOnline
- CASA Enabled in HeinOnline
- How to Receive Title Alerts Via MyHein
- Subject Catalog Feature in HeinOnline
- Is HeinOnline Available in Another Language?
- More Information Links in HeinOnline
- How to Set up IFLP alerts
- How to Create eTOC Alerts
- What is Oyez?
- Top Tips Every Researcher Should Know
- How do I view a MARC Record?
- How To Link to a Specific Page
- Does HeinOnline have cataloguing aids available?
- I use a proxy server to access HeinOnline and Dropbox isn’t working. What can I do?
- How do I download a document to Dropbox in HeinOnline?
- Database Descriptions for Libguides
- Updated Interface
- Dropbox Video
- Author Profile Pages
- Approved Discovery Services & How They Work with HeinOnline
- Branding your HeinOnline account
- What is bad law bot?
- What is Fastcase Premium?
- I’m having difficulty accessing HeinOnline App & I use a proxy server
- Can anyone use the HeinOnline App?
- HeinOnline App
- Is RefWorks supported in HeinOnline?
- What is Hein’s ScholarCheck?
- Can I back up my saved research by exporting it to a Microsoft Excel or other file?
- Can I export my research into reference management software programs such as RefWorks or EndNote?
- How do I know if I am logged in to my MyHein account?
- I forgot my username/password for my MyHein account. How can I retrieve them?
- How To Move Saved Bookmarks and Queries Into Your MyHein Account (If You Were Not Logged In)
- How To Save and Access Bookmarks Without a MyHein Account
- How To Get a Permanent Link To a Title?
- Do You Offer Live Training?
- How do I email search results?
- Is Endnote compatible with HeinOnline?
- Does HeinOnline supply cataloging records?
- How do I use Zotero with HeinOnline?