Language Facet in the Law Journal Library
A facet is available in the Law Journal Library which allows users to refine search results by language. This tool is useful for users who are looking for journals written primarily in a specific language. All languages are coded at the journal title level.
Enter the Law Journal Library and use the Full Text tab to construct a search. For this example, enter the French phrase “voir dire” into the search box and click the search button.
From the results page, expand the Language facet and choose French.
Results now include only articles from titles that are language-coded as French.
The following languages are available:
*Note: If an article is written in English, but the majority of articles published in the journal are written in Spanish, the article will be discovered under Spanish in the Language facet. Similarly, if a foreign journal has English abstracts, but the text itself is foreign, the language will be coded to what the foreign language is.
Was this article helpful?
- Mastheads and Front Matter in Journals
- Using Proximity Connectors
- Searching for DOI numbers in HeinOnline
- Proximity Searching Using w/
- Bold Matching Text
- HeinOnline Icons
- McGill Guide Citation Format
- Law Journal Library Quick Reference Guide
- Email Selected Catalog Search Results
- How to Search in the Sources of Compiled Legislative Histories Database
- How to Search in National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State Laws
- How To Search in World Constitutions Illustrated
- Helpful Features in HeinOnline
- How to Search for Restatements in the American Law Institute Library
- CASA Enabled in HeinOnline
- Title Alerts in HeinOnline
- Subject Catalog Feature in HeinOnline
- Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing Tools in HeinOnline
- How to Use Boosting in a Search Query
- How to Search the Supplement Volumes of the US Code to Determine if Changes Were Made Since the Last Bound Volume
- Is HeinOnline Available in Another Language?
- More Information Links in HeinOnline
- How to Set up IFLP alerts
- U.S. Code Citation Locator
- How Do I Create eTOC Alerts?
- What is Oyez?
- How Do I Search for a Congressional Hearing?
- How to Search in Subject Compilations of State Laws
- Federal Rules of Evidence
- Five Things You Can Do in Less Than 15 Seconds in HeinOnline
- How to Find a Preamble in the Federal Register
- Infinite Scrolling
- HeinOnline Law Journal Library Indexed by Google Scholar
- Congressional Hearings Quick Finder
- Refining and Building Search Queries
- Search by Rollcall Vote
- Search by Bill Number
- Navigating HeinOnline Databases
- Catalog Searching
- Searching from the Welcome Page
- Citations on a Page
- HeinOnline Welcome Page
- Top Tips Every Researcher Should Know
- Law Journal Library
- Getting Started in HeinOnline
- Searching 101
- Tim’s Tricks
- Advanced Search Syntax
- HeinOnline Comprehensive User’s Guide
- How do I view a MARC Record?
- How do I bookmark or link to a specific page?
- Does HeinOnline have cataloguing aids available?
- Using Syntax and Field Searching in the Main Full Text Search Bar
- I use a proxy server to access HeinOnline and Dropbox isn’t working. What can I do?
- How do I download a document to Dropbox in HeinOnline?
- Database Descriptions for Libguides
- Updated Interface
- Dropbox Video
- Author Profile Pages