Language Facet in the Law Journal Library
A facet is available in the Law Journal Library which allows users to refine search results by language. This tool is useful for users who are looking for journals written primarily in a specific language. All languages are coded at the journal title level.
Enter the Law Journal Library and use the Full Text tab to construct a search. For this example, enter the French phrase “voir dire” into the search box and click the search button.
From the results page, expand the Language facet and choose French.
Results now include only articles from titles that are language-coded as French.
The following languages are available:
*Note: If an article is written in English, but the majority of articles published in the journal are written in Spanish, the article will be discovered under Spanish in the Language facet. Similarly, if a foreign journal has English abstracts, but the text itself is foreign, the language will be coded to what the foreign language is.
Was this article helpful?
- How to Use ScholarCheck
- Australian Guide to Legal Citations (AGLC)
- Entities in HeinOnline
- Using PathFinder to Browse
- Using PathFinder to Search
- PathFinder: HeinOnline’s Multi-Level Discipline Taxonomy
- How to Search Across Multiple Databases
- How to Search Across Multiple Databases (Video)
- How to Locate a Title in HeinOnline
- How to Locate a Title in HeinOnline (Video)
- How to Research the Career of a Senator
- How to Research the Career of a Senator (Video)
- How to Manage Your HeinOnline Search History
- How to Manage Your HeinOnline Search History (Video)
- How to Use Fuzzy Searching
- How to Save Search Queries in MyHein
- Frequently Asked Questions for Short-Term Subscribers
- How to Locate the Text of a Public Law Using Its Popular Name in U.S. Statutes at Large
- How To Locate the Text of a Public Law Using the U.S. Federal Legislative History Database
- How to Locate the Text of a Public Law Using Its Popular Name (Video)
- Availability Facet in the Law Journal Library
- Assign a Trusted Individual to Your ORCID Account
- Disconnecting an ORCID iD from HeinOnline
- What Is ORCID?
- Creating an ORCID Account and Linking to HeinOnline
- Linking a Pre-Existing ORCID Account to HeinOnline
- Explore This Author
- Venn Diagram Search
- Mastheads and Front Matter in Journals
- Using Proximity Connectors
- Searching for a Digital Object Identifier (DOI) Number in HeinOnline
- Proximity Searching Using w/
- Bold Matching Text
- HeinOnline Widgets
- HeinOnline Icons
- McGill Guide Citation Format
- Law Journal Library Quick Reference Guide
- Email Selected Catalog Search Results
- How To Download Author Profile Citation Data From the Law Journal Library
- How to Search in the Sources of Compiled Legislative Histories Database
- How to Search in National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State Laws
- How To Search in World Constitutions Illustrated
- Helpful Features in HeinOnline
- Topics and Entities in HeinOnline
- More Like This in HeinOnline
- How to Search for Restatements in the American Law Institute Library
- CASA Enabled in HeinOnline
- How to Receive Title Alerts Via MyHein
- Subject Catalog Feature in HeinOnline
- Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing Tools in HeinOnline
- How to Use Boosting in a Search Query
- How to Search the Supplement Volumes of the US Code to Determine if Changes Were Made Since the Last Bound Volume
- Is HeinOnline Available in Another Language?
- More Information Links in HeinOnline
- How to Set up IFLP alerts
- U.S. Code Citation Locator
- How to Create eTOC Alerts
- What is Oyez?
- How Do I Search for a Congressional Hearing?
- How to Search in Subject Compilations of State Laws