Entities in HeinOnline
Are you researching a certain place, person, or other entity? Important metadata such as these have been extracted from each article in HeinOnline and made available when browsing and searching in various HeinOnline databases.
From the Law Journal Library, for example, perform a search for “civil rights.”
On the results page, locate the facet filters on the left-hand side. Users will see Location, Person, and Organization facets, in particular. These facets list the most relevant metadata that appears within your search query, and allows you to filter by one or more pieces of that metadata.
For example, choose to filter your research on civil rights to the United States of America (under the Location facet), Martin Luther King (under the Person facet), and the Supreme Court (under the Organization facet).
Was this article helpful?
- Using PathFinder to Browse
- Using PathFinder to Search
- PathFinder: HeinOnline’s Multi-Level Discipline Taxonomy
- Availability Facet in the Law Journal Library
- Assign a Trusted Individual to Your ORCID Account
- Disconnecting an ORCID iD from HeinOnline
- What Is ORCID?
- Creating an ORCID Account and Linking to HeinOnline
- Linking a Pre-Existing ORCID Account to HeinOnline
- Explore This Author
- Venn Diagram Search
- Bold Matching Text
- HeinOnline Widgets
- HeinOnline Icons
- McGill Guide Citation Format
- Language Facet in the Law Journal Library
- Helpful Features in HeinOnline
- Topics and Entities in HeinOnline
- More Like This in HeinOnline
- CASA Enabled in HeinOnline
- How to Receive Title Alerts Via MyHein
- Subject Catalog Feature in HeinOnline
- Is HeinOnline Available in Another Language?
- More Information Links in HeinOnline
- How to Set up IFLP alerts
- How to Create eTOC Alerts
- What is Oyez?
- Top Tips Every Researcher Should Know
- How do I view a MARC Record?
- How To Link to a Specific Page
- Does HeinOnline have cataloguing aids available?
- I use a proxy server to access HeinOnline and Dropbox isn’t working. What can I do?
- How do I download a document to Dropbox in HeinOnline?
- Database Descriptions for Libguides
- Updated Interface
- Dropbox Video
- Author Profile Pages
- Approved Discovery Services & How They Work with HeinOnline
- Branding your HeinOnline account
- What is bad law bot?
- What is Fastcase Premium?
- I’m having difficulty accessing HeinOnline App & I use a proxy server
- Can anyone use the HeinOnline App?
- HeinOnline App
- Is RefWorks supported in HeinOnline?
- What is Hein’s ScholarCheck?
- Can I back up my saved research by exporting it to a Microsoft Excel or other file?
- Can I export my research into reference management software programs such as RefWorks or EndNote?
- How do I know if I am logged in to my MyHein account?
- I forgot my username/password for my MyHein account. How can I retrieve them?
- How To Move Saved Bookmarks and Queries Into Your MyHein Account (If You Were Not Logged In)
- How To Save and Access Bookmarks Without a MyHein Account
- How To Get a Permanent Link To a Title?
- Do You Offer Live Training?
- How do I email search results?
- Is Endnote compatible with HeinOnline?
- Does HeinOnline supply cataloging records?
- How do I use Zotero with HeinOnline?