Disconnecting an ORCID iD from HeinOnline
ORCID provides a unique, persistent identifier to distinguish researchers and allow them to showcase their research outputs and activities. Learn more about ORCID and its benefits.
You may wish to disconnect your ORCID iD from HeinOnline for troubleshooting purposes. To do so, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
Navigate to https://orcid.org/signin and enter your email or ORCID iD as well as your ORCID password. After signing into your ORCID account, you will be redirected to your personal ORCID record. To adjust your settings, locate “Account Settings” within the drop-down next to your profile name at the top of the page.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting to disconnect your ORCID iD from your author profile page. Our dedicated support team will ensure that your ORCID iD is removed.
Under your ORCID account settings, you will see a list of Trusted Organizations. If your ORCID iD is linked to your HeinOnline author profile page, HeinOnline will be listed under this heading. Simply click the trash icon to remove HeinOnline as a trusted organization.
Was this article helpful?
- Courtroom Insight in Author Profile Pages
- How to Use the CFR Locator Tools
- Linking Your MyHein Account with Google
- How to Use the Venn Diagram Search (Video)
- How to Set Up Case Citation Alerts for Authors
- Entities in HeinOnline
- Using PathFinder to Browse
- Using PathFinder to Search
- PathFinder: HeinOnline’s Multi-Level Discipline Taxonomy
- How to Navigate within Titles, Volumes, Sections, and Pages
- How to Search Across Multiple Databases
- American Law Institute Library
- How to Manage Author Alerts
- How to Manage Author Alerts (Video)
- How to Manage Author Alerts With MyHein
- Preparing for U.S. News Scholarly Ranking
- How To Download Author Profile Citation Data From MyHein
- Civil Rights and Social Justice
- Can Librarians Create and Link ORCID Profiles For Their Faculty?
- Are ORCID Works That Are Displayed on HeinOnline Author Profile Pages Being Used to Count Citation Metrics?
- Unsubscribing from SmartCILP Notifications
- Creating a SmartCILP Profile
- Managing Your Own SmartCILP Profile
- Managing SmartCILP Profiles for Your Faculty/Staff
- Availability Facet in the Law Journal Library
- Current Index to Legal Periodicals (CILP) LibGuide
- Adding Your SSRN profile link to Your HeinOnline Author Profile Page
- What Citation Format Does ORCID Use for HeinOnline Works?
- How To Edit Faculty Author Profiles for Your Institution
- Adding Your Google Scholar Profile to Your HeinOnline Author Profile Page
- How To Edit Your Own Author Profile in HeinOnline
- ORCID Membership
- Assign a Trusted Individual to Your ORCID Account
- What Is ORCID?
- Creating an ORCID Account and Linking to HeinOnline
- Linking a Pre-Existing ORCID Account to HeinOnline
- State Constitutions Illustrated
- Business and Legal Aspects of Sports and Entertainment (BLASE)
- Democracy in America
- Explore This Author
- Venn Diagram Search
- Author Profile Links via MyHein
- What type of sections are included in the ‘Cited by’ metrics?
- Does Hein’s ScholarCheck include embargoed journals in the ‘Cited by’ metrics?
- Average Number of Citations Per Article (Author Profile Metric)
- Bold Matching Text
- HeinOnline Widgets
- HeinOnline Icons
- McGill Guide Citation Format
- Language Facet in the Law Journal Library
- Similar Article Email Alerts for Author Profile Pages
- Slavery in America and the World Quick Reference Guide
- How To Download Author Profile Citation Data From the Law Journal Library
- How to Set Up Author Email Alerts To See When Works Are Accessed By Other HeinOnline Researchers
- Helpful Features in HeinOnline
- Topics and Entities in HeinOnline
- More Like This in HeinOnline
- CASA Enabled in HeinOnline
- How to Receive Title Alerts Via MyHein