Disconnecting an ORCID iD from HeinOnline
ORCID provides a unique, persistent identifier to distinguish researchers and allow them to showcase their research outputs and activities. Learn more about ORCID and its benefits.
You may wish to disconnect your ORCID iD from HeinOnline for troubleshooting purposes. To do so, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
Navigate to https://orcid.org/signin and enter your email or ORCID iD as well as your ORCID password. After signing into your ORCID account, you will be redirected to your personal ORCID record. To adjust your settings, locate “Account Settings” within the drop-down next to your profile name at the top of the page.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting to disconnect your ORCID iD from your author profile page. Our dedicated support team will ensure that your ORCID iD is removed.
Under your ORCID account settings, you will see a list of Trusted Organizations. If your ORCID iD is linked to your HeinOnline author profile page, HeinOnline will be listed under this heading. Simply click the trash icon to remove HeinOnline as a trusted organization.
Was this article helpful?
- ORCID Membership
- Assign a Trusted Individual to Your ORCID Account
- What Is ORCID?
- Creating an ORCID Account and Linking to HeinOnline
- Linking a Pre-Existing ORCID Account to HeinOnline
- State Constitutions Illustrated
- Business and Legal Aspects of Sports and Entertainment (BLASE)
- Democracy in America Quick Reference Guide
- Democracy in America
- Explore This Author
- Venn Diagram Search
- Author Profile Links via MyHein
- What type of sections are included in the ‘Cited by’ metrics?
- Does Hein’s ScholarCheck include embargoed journals in the ‘Cited by’ metrics?
- Average Number of Citations Per Article (Author Profile Metric)
- Bold Matching Text
- HeinOnline Icons
- McGill Guide Citation Format
- Language Facet in the Law Journal Library
- Similar Article Email Alerts for Author Profile Pages
- Slavery in America and the World Quick Reference Guide
- Citation Data Extraction in Author Profile Pages
- Author Profile Email Alerts
- Helpful Features in HeinOnline
- More Like This in HeinOnline
- CASA Enabled in HeinOnline
- Title Alerts in HeinOnline
- Subject Catalog Feature in HeinOnline
- Is HeinOnline Available in Another Language?
- More Information Links in HeinOnline
- How to Set up IFLP alerts
- How Do I Create eTOC Alerts?
- What is Oyez?
- U.S. Supreme Court Library Quick Reference Guide
- Author Profile Pages
- Top Tips Every Researcher Should Know
- Hein’s ScholarCheck
- How to Synchronize Your Existing Fastcase and HeinOnline Accounts
- World Treaty Library
- U.S. Congressional Documents
- United States Code
- United Nations Law Collection
- Taxation and Economic Reform in America
- Subject Compilations of State Laws
- Index to Foreign Legal Periodicals
- Federal Register Library
- Code of Federal Regulations
- National Survey of State Laws
- Law Journal Library
- Getting Started in HeinOnline
- iPad/iPhone App
- Searching 101
- Tim’s Tricks
- Advanced Search Syntax
- HeinOnline Comprehensive User’s Guide
- How do I view a MARC Record?
- How do I bookmark or link to a specific page?
- Does HeinOnline have cataloguing aids available?