Subject Catalog Feature in HeinOnline
The Subjects tool can be found under the Catalog tab within any database. This subject coding is at the title level and can be used to browse subjects and look for documents on a specific subject. Locate the Catalog tab within any database and find the Subjects tool. Browse the A-Z index listing by either Count or Name. The count represents the number of titles in HeinOnline pertaining to a subject.
View the most popular subject listings by selecting ALL and browse by Count. Notice constitutional law is the most popular subject listing.
Use the search bar to quickly locate a subject. For example, search for civil rights. Auto fill will appear if there are multiple listings for the word or words being searched.
The displayed results allow the user to sort by Relevance, Title, or Date. Use the facets on the left side of the screen to narrow down search results.
Was this article helpful?
- How to Set Up Case Citation Alerts for Authors
- Entities in HeinOnline
- Using PathFinder to Browse
- Using PathFinder to Search
- PathFinder: HeinOnline’s Multi-Level Discipline Taxonomy
- How to Manage Author Alerts
- How to Manage Author Alerts (Video)
- How to Manage Your HeinOnline Search History
- How to Manage Your HeinOnline Search History (Video)
- How to Manage Author Alerts With MyHein (Video)
- How to Manage Author Alerts With MyHein
- How to Save Search Queries in MyHein
- How to Bookmark Documents in MyHein
- Preparing for U.S. News Scholarly Ranking
- How To Download Author Profile Citation Data From MyHein
- How To Reset Your MyHein Password
- Creating a MyHein Account
- How to Mark Databases as Favorites Using Your MyHein Account
- How to Mark Databases as Favorites Using Your MyHein Account (Video)
- Managing Your Own SmartCILP Profile
- Managing SmartCILP Profiles for Your Faculty/Staff
- Availability Facet in the Law Journal Library
- How To Edit Faculty Author Profiles for Your Institution
- How To Edit Your Own Author Profile in HeinOnline
- Assign a Trusted Individual to Your ORCID Account
- Disconnecting an ORCID iD from HeinOnline
- What Is ORCID?
- Creating an ORCID Account and Linking to HeinOnline
- Linking a Pre-Existing ORCID Account to HeinOnline
- Explore This Author
- Venn Diagram Search
- Author Profile Links via MyHein
- How to Bookmark Items to Multiple Tags in MyHein (Video)
- Bold Matching Text
- HeinOnline Widgets
- HeinOnline Icons
- Can users delete their MyHein accounts?
- McGill Guide Citation Format
- Language Facet in the Law Journal Library
- Helpful Features in HeinOnline
- Topics and Entities in HeinOnline
- More Like This in HeinOnline
- CASA Enabled in HeinOnline
- How to Receive Title Alerts Via MyHein
- Is HeinOnline Available in Another Language?
- More Information Links in HeinOnline
- How to Set up IFLP alerts
- How to Create eTOC Alerts
- What is Oyez?
- MyHein and Branding
- Using MyHein
- Top Tips Every Researcher Should Know
- MyHein User’s Guide
- How do I view a MARC Record?
- How To Link to a Specific Page
- Does HeinOnline have cataloguing aids available?
- I use a proxy server to access HeinOnline and Dropbox isn’t working. What can I do?
- How do I download a document to Dropbox in HeinOnline?
- Database Descriptions for Libguides
- Updated Interface