Subject Catalog Feature in HeinOnline
The Subjects tool can be found under the Catalog tab within any database. This subject coding is at the title level and can be used to browse subjects and look for documents on a specific subject. Locate the Catalog tab within any database and find the Subjects tool. Browse the A-Z index listing by either Count or Name. The count represents the number of titles in HeinOnline pertaining to a subject.
View the most popular subject listings by selecting ALL and browse by Count. Notice constitutional law is the most popular subject listing.
Use the search bar to quickly locate a subject. For example, search for civil rights. Auto fill will appear if there are multiple listings for the word or words being searched.
The displayed results allow the user to sort by Relevance, Title, or Date. Use the facets on the left side of the screen to narrow down search results.
Was this article helpful?
- Assign a Trusted Individual to Your ORCID Account
- Disconnecting an ORCID iD from HeinOnline
- What Is ORCID?
- Creating an ORCID Account and Linking to HeinOnline
- Linking a Pre-Existing ORCID Account to HeinOnline
- Explore This Author
- Venn Diagram Search
- Author Profile Links via MyHein
- Bookmark Items to Multiple Tags in MyHein
- Bold Matching Text
- HeinOnline Icons
- Can users delete their MyHein accounts?
- McGill Guide Citation Format
- Language Facet in the Law Journal Library
- Helpful Features in HeinOnline
- More Like This in HeinOnline
- CASA Enabled in HeinOnline
- Title Alerts in HeinOnline
- Is HeinOnline Available in Another Language?
- More Information Links in HeinOnline
- How to Set up IFLP alerts
- How Do I Create eTOC Alerts?
- What is Oyez?
- MyHein and Branding
- Using MyHein
- How do I view a MARC Record?
- How do I bookmark or link to a specific page?
- Does HeinOnline have cataloguing aids available?
- I use a proxy server to access HeinOnline and Dropbox isn’t working. What can I do?
- How do I download a document to Dropbox in HeinOnline?
- Database Descriptions for Libguides
- Updated Interface
- Dropbox Video
- Author Profile Pages
- Approved Discovery Services & How They Work with HeinOnline
- Branding your HeinOnline account
- What is bad law bot?
- What is Fastcase Premium?
- I’m having difficulty accessing HeinOnline App & I use a proxy server
- Can anyone use the HeinOnline App?
- HeinOnline App
- Is RefWorks supported in HeinOnline?
- What is Hein’s ScholarCheck?
- Can I back up my saved research by exporting it to a Microsoft Excel or other file?
- Can I export my research into reference management software programs such as RefWorks or EndNote?
- How do I know if I am logged in to my MyHein account?
- I forgot my username/password for my MyHein account. How can I retrieve them?
- I saved some bookmarks but forgot to log into my MyHein account before I saved them. How can I move them to my MyHein account?
- I do not have a MyHein account, but I bookmarked an article. Can I still access the bookmark and if so where is it saved?
- How do I Get a Permanent Link to a Title?
- How do I email search results?
- Is Endnote compatible with HeinOnline?
- Does HeinOnline supply cataloging records?
- How do I use Zotero with HeinOnline?