Availability Facet in the Law Journal Library
A facet is available in the Law Journal Library which allows users to refine search results by availability. This tool is useful for users looking to limit their results only to those with the full text available, or only to those that are indexed.
HeinOnline’s journal coverage extends back to inception for each publication. More than 92% of our journal content is also available to the current issue or volume. The remaining 8% of recent journal content that is not currently available is fully indexed in Heinonline. By indexing this content, users can search and browse the title, author, and abstract information for articles within those volumes.
Any indexed content is highlighted by a light red box in the results view. Though the full text is not available for that result, users can still view HeinOnline’s coverage of the publication as well as publisher and journal information.
Use the Availability facet to limit Law Journal Library results according to their full-text availability in HeinOnline. After performing any search in the database, find the facet in the list of filters on the left-hand side of the page.
Select “Full Text” to view a list of results for which the full text is available.
Select “Indexed” to view indexed entries.
Unselect either option to allow both types of results to appear in the query.
Was this article helpful?
- One-Box Searching (Video)
- One-Box Searching
- Linking Your MyHein Account with Google
- How to Use the Venn Diagram Search (Video)
- Nomos: American Society for Political and Legal Philosophy
- How to Use ScholarCheck
- Australian Guide to Legal Citations (AGLC)
- Entities in HeinOnline
- Using PathFinder to Browse
- Using PathFinder to Search
- PathFinder: HeinOnline’s Multi-Level Discipline Taxonomy
- How to Search Across Multiple Databases
- How to Search Across Multiple Databases (Video)
- How to Locate a Title in HeinOnline
- How to Locate a Title in HeinOnline (Video)
- How to Research the Career of a Senator
- How to Research the Career of a Senator (Video)
- How to Manage Your HeinOnline Search History
- How to Manage Your HeinOnline Search History (Video)
- How to Use Fuzzy Searching
- How to Save Search Queries in MyHein
- Frequently Asked Questions for Short-Term Subscribers
- How to Locate the Text of a Public Law Using Its Popular Name in U.S. Statutes at Large
- How To Locate the Text of a Public Law Using the U.S. Federal Legislative History Database
- How to Locate the Text of a Public Law Using Its Popular Name (Video)
- Assign a Trusted Individual to Your ORCID Account
- Disconnecting an ORCID iD from HeinOnline
- What Is ORCID?
- Creating an ORCID Account and Linking to HeinOnline
- Linking a Pre-Existing ORCID Account to HeinOnline
- Explore This Author
- Venn Diagram Search
- Mastheads and Front Matter in Journals
- Using Proximity Connectors
- Searching for a Digital Object Identifier (DOI) Number in HeinOnline
- Proximity Searching Using w/
- Bold Matching Text
- HeinOnline Widgets
- HeinOnline Icons
- McGill Guide Citation Format
- Language Facet in the Law Journal Library
- Law Journal Library Quick Reference Guide
- Email Selected Catalog Search Results
- How To Download Author Profile Citation Data From the Law Journal Library
- How to Search in the Sources of Compiled Legislative Histories Database
- How to Search in National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State Laws
- How To Search in World Constitutions Illustrated
- Helpful Features in HeinOnline
- Topics and Entities in HeinOnline
- More Like This in HeinOnline
- How to Search for Restatements in the American Law Institute Library
- CASA Enabled in HeinOnline
- How to Receive Title Alerts Via MyHein
- Subject Catalog Feature in HeinOnline
- Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing Tools in HeinOnline
- How to Use Boosting in a Search Query
- How to Search the Supplement Volumes of the US Code to Determine if Changes Were Made Since the Last Bound Volume
- Is HeinOnline Available in Another Language?
- More Information Links in HeinOnline
- How to Set up IFLP alerts