U.S. Congressional Documents
- U.S. Congressional Documents in HeinOnline (30 min.)
- Searching the Congressional Record Using HeinOnline (From Goodson Law Library at Duke University School of Law)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How to do I Quickly Find a Page in the Appendix from the Bound Congressional Record between 1937-1953?
- How do I Search for the “History of Bills and Resolutions” in the Congressional Record Daily Index?
- How do I Search for a specific date, page number, and term in the Congressional Record?
- How do I refine a search?
- How do I build a search with multiple terms?
- How do I use the Congressional Record Daily to Bound lcoator tool?
- How do I find Congressional Hearings in HeinOnline?
The following table displays the search fields that are available when searching in the U.S. Congressional Documents Library. The syntax is the text you would use when building a search. The example illustrates how the syntax is used in a search query.
|Volume Title||voltitle||voltitle:”Congressional Record”|
|Section Title||title||title:”Public Acts of the Thiry-Seventh Congress”|
|Section Description||description||description:”journal of the committee of the states”|
|Full Text||text||text:”President Kennedy”|