Law Journal Library
- Law Journal Library Quick Reference Guide
- Searching the Index to Periodical Articles Related to Law Database
- Browse/Search by Subject, U.S. State, Country or Most-Cited in the Law Journal Library
- Hein’s ScholarCheck
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I search the Index to Periodical Articles Related to Law Database?
- Where can I find information about the Author Profile Pages?
- How do I use Zotero with HeinOnline?
- How do I find the Proper Bluebook Citation in HeinOnline?
- How do I search for law review articles by subject?
- How do I search for an article in the Law Journal Library?
- How do I search for an article by country or U.S. state?
- What is an external article?
- I want to search across a specific journal, but I don’t know the BlueBook citation to use from the title listing on the search page. What should I do?
- Where can I view the top 100 most-cited articles, journals, or authors in the Law Journal Library?
The following table displays the search fields that are available when searching in the Law Journal Library. The syntax is the text you would use when building the search (if you are using something other than the Field Search option). The example illustrates how the syntax is used in a search query. Use the links below the table to view examples with screenshots.
|Document/Article Title||title||title:”Marbury v Madison”|
|Country of Publication||country||country:Canada|
|State of Publication (U.S. only)||state||state:Alaska|
|Full Text||text||text:”Naval Court Martial”|