The first comprehensive database of its kind in a fully searchable format, HeinOnline’s Immigration Law & Policy in the U.S. compiles the most important historical documents and legislation related to immigration in the United States.
All About Immigration Law & Policy in the U.S. Video
Watch this short tutorial to learn more about this unique database.
Immigration Law & Policy in the U.S. Overview
Immigration Law & Policy in the U.S. offers more than 730,000 pages of immigration-related content, both current and historical, that has been broken into 16 subcollections.
With this subject-specific collection, users can find:
- Reports on immigration-related federal programs from the Government Accountability Office (GAO), as well as hundreds of related Congressional Research Service (CRS) report
- Notable classic titles covering more than 200 years of immigration law and policy
- Extradition content including treaties, judicial assistance agreements, and more
- Books and scholarly articles relating to immigration law and extraditionDigital coverage of Title 8 (Aliens and Nationality) of both the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) and U.S. Code.
- Relevant congressional hearings
Acts and Legislative Histories
Quickly pull up a related act or compiled legislative history by publication title, public law number, or popular name.
Select the More Information link to retrieve bibliographic information for an Act, including legislative histories, a link to the Act, related books, and scholarly articles. This information is derived from Sources of Compiled Legislative Histories.
Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA) Precedent Decisions
What’s more, this unique collection includes Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA) Precedent Decisions. Find the most up-to-date opinions and decisions of the U.S. Department of Justice concerning U.S. immigration policy and practice. It includes all opinions and orders of the Attorney General, Board of Immigration Appeals, and the Commissioner of Immigration and Naturalization Service.
Browse through the various topics listed within the A-Z index, or use the quick-finder tool to pull up a BIA precedent decision by its number.
Immigration Law & Policy in the U.S. LibGuide
Use our dedicated LibGuide to learn searching tips and tricks or to enhance your research outside of HeinOnline with our curated list of additional resources. Explore various blog posts to see how our HeinOnline bloggers have utilized this database to research important issues relating to immigration.