- HeinOnline Databases
- World Constitutions Illustrated: Contemporary & Historical Documents & Resources
- How To Search in World Constitutions Illustrated
How To Search in World Constitutions Illustrated
Begin by entering the World Constitutions Illustrated database.
Choose a country to browse its constitutional archive.
For example, choose the United States of America. Users will be able to view the constitution, amendments and other related documents available for this country, listed in a hierarchical format.
Once a constitution or other document has been selected, use the table of contents at the left of the screen to locate specific sections.
To locate a specific word or phrase, use the magnifying glass located in the toolbar above the image of the page. For example, search This Title for the word “preamble.”
Users can also search All Titles within this database. Using this sub-collection, you can browse by Title, Author or Date.
Lastly, the Bibliography section of this database lists numerous resources that are beneficial to constitutional research but that are not available in HeinOnline. The OCLC number for these books are hyperlinked for our users. They will be directly taken to WorldCat to view this listing.
Was this article helpful?
- Using Proximity Connectors
- Searching for a Digital Object Identifier (DOI) Number in HeinOnline
- Proximity Searching Using w/
- Bold Matching Text
- Language Facet in the Law Journal Library
- Law Journal Library Quick Reference Guide
- Email Selected Catalog Search Results
- How to Search in the Sources of Compiled Legislative Histories Database
- How to Search in National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State Laws
- How to Search for Restatements in the American Law Institute Library
- Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing Tools in HeinOnline
- How to Use Boosting in a Search Query
- How to Search the Supplement Volumes of the US Code to Determine if Changes Were Made Since the Last Bound Volume
- U.S. Code Citation Locator
- How Do I Search for a Congressional Hearing?
- How to Search in Subject Compilations of State Laws
- Federal Rules of Evidence
- Five Things You Can Do in Less Than 15 Seconds in HeinOnline
- How to Find a Preamble in the Federal Register
- Infinite Scrolling
- HeinOnline Law Journal Library Indexed by Google Scholar
- Congressional Hearings Quick Finder
- Refining and Building Search Queries
- Search by Rollcall Vote
- Search by Bill Number
- Navigating HeinOnline Databases
- Catalog Searching
- Searching from the Welcome Page
- Citations on a Page
- HeinOnline Welcome Page
- Top Tips Every Researcher Should Know
- Getting Started in HeinOnline
- Searching 101
- Tim’s Tricks
- Advanced Search Syntax
- HeinOnline Comprehensive User’s Guide
- Using Syntax and Field Searching in the Main Full Text Search Bar
- Can I search in a foreign language in IFLP?
- What is the difference between the two search options, Search IFLP Metadata and Search IFLP Print Edition?
- How to Search for Chapters Within Collections of Essays in IFLP
- How to Search by a Foreign Language in IFLP
- How to Search by Jurisdiction in IFLP
- Searching for Foreign Law in IFLP
- Search by Author in IFLP
- Searching 101
- Search All United Nations Publications
- Search for a Resolution in U.S. Statutes at Large
- Search for a Treaty by Nation in U.S. Statutes at Large
- Search for an Indian Treaty by Tribe in U.S. Statutes at Large
- Search by Public Law Number in U.S. Statutes at Large
- Search for a Member of Congress by Name in U.S. Congressional Documents
- How do I refine a search in the U.S. Congressional Documents?
- Where can I find help for using HeinOnline?
- How do I Search and Use Boolean Operators?
- How do I Search for a specific date, page number, and term in the Congressional Record?
- Search by the Title Number in United States Code
- Search by the U.S. Code Edition
- How do I Build a Wildcard Search?
- How Do I Use Proximity Searching to find a Phrase Within 10 words of Another Phrase or Word?
- How do I search a specific volume of a title in the Legal Classics or World Trials?