- HeinOnline Databases
- U.S. Federal Legislative History Library
- How to Search in the Sources of Compiled Legislative Histories Database
How to Search in the Sources of Compiled Legislative Histories Database
Open the U.S. Federal Legislative History database in HeinOnline and click on the Sources of Compiled Legislative Histories Database.
This search option provides the ability to search for a compiled legislative history by Bill Number, Congress, Related Document Title, Popular Name of Public Law, Public Law Number, or by the Title of the Public Law.
For example, to find material available for P.L. # 103-322 (the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994), enter the number in the search bar and choose Public Law Number from the drop-down menu.
Click the title of the Act to receive a list of available relevant material for this public law. Anything available in HeinOnline will be linked. The first link is a compiled legislative history.
Click on the title to view it in HeinOnline. Clicking Cumulative Contents in any legislative history will display the complete contents of all volumes. This enables users to easily locate a specific document, such as a House report, Senate report or Congressional hearing:
Was this article helpful?
- One-Box Searching (Video)
- One-Box Searching
- How to Use the Venn Diagram Search (Video)
- Maximizing the U.S. Federal Legislative History Library (Video)
- How to Search Across Multiple Databases
- How to Search Across Multiple Databases (Video)
- How to Locate a Title in HeinOnline
- How to Locate a Title in HeinOnline (Video)
- How to Manage Your HeinOnline Search History
- How to Manage Your HeinOnline Search History (Video)
- How to Use Fuzzy Searching
- How to Save Search Queries in MyHein
- Frequently Asked Questions for Short-Term Subscribers
- How to Locate the Text of a Public Law Using Its Popular Name in U.S. Statutes at Large
- How To Locate the Text of a Public Law Using the U.S. Federal Legislative History Database
- How to Locate the Text of a Public Law Using Its Popular Name (Video)
- Availability Facet in the Law Journal Library
- Venn Diagram Search
- Using Proximity Connectors
- Searching for a Digital Object Identifier (DOI) Number in HeinOnline
- Proximity Searching Using w/
- Bold Matching Text
- Can I change my HeinOnline username and password?
- Language Facet in the Law Journal Library
- Law Journal Library Quick Reference Guide
- Email Selected Catalog Search Results
- How to Search in National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State Laws
- How To Search in World Constitutions Illustrated
- How to Search for Restatements in the American Law Institute Library
- Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing Tools in HeinOnline
- How to Use Boosting in a Search Query
- How to Search the Supplement Volumes of the US Code to Determine if Changes Were Made Since the Last Bound Volume
- U.S. Code Citation Locator
- How to Create eTOC Alerts
- How Do I Search for a Congressional Hearing?
- How to Search in Subject Compilations of State Laws
- How do I contact HeinOnline support?
- PDF shows up as a placeholder icon in browser. How can I fix this?
- When I download a PDF article it results in a blank page and/or blank screen. How can I fix this?
- Federal Rules of Evidence
- How to Construct a URL to a Specific Citation Using an Open URL Resolver
- Five Things You Can Do in Less Than 15 Seconds in HeinOnline
- How to Find a Preamble in the Federal Register
- U.S. Federal Legislative History Library Quick Reference Guide
- Infinite Scrolling
- HeinOnline Law Journal Library Indexed by Google Scholar
- Congressional Hearings Quick Finder (Video)
- Refining and Building Search Queries (Video)
- Search by Rollcall Vote (Video)
- Search by Bill Number (Video)
- Navigating HeinOnline Databases (Video)
- Catalog Searching (Video)
- Searching from the Welcome Page (Video)
- HeinOnline Welcome Page (Video)
- Top Tips Every Researcher Should Know
- Getting Started in HeinOnline
- Searching 101
- Using Advanced Search Syntax
- HeinOnline Comprehensive User’s Guide
- How Do I View a MARC Record?