- HeinOnline Databases
- U.S. Federal Legislative History Library
- How to Search in the Sources of Compiled Legislative Histories Database
How to Search in the Sources of Compiled Legislative Histories Database
Open the U.S. Federal Legislative History database in HeinOnline and click on the Sources of Compiled Legislative Histories Database.
This search option provides the ability to search for a compiled legislative history by Bill Number, Congress, Related Document Title, Popular Name of Public Law, Public Law Number, or by the Title of the Public Law.
For example, to find material available for P.L. # 103-322 (the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994), enter the number in the search bar and choose Public Law Number from the drop-down menu.
Click the title of the Act to receive a list of available relevant material for this public law. Anything available in HeinOnline will be linked. The first link is a compiled legislative history.
Click on the title to view it in HeinOnline. Clicking Cumulative Contents in any legislative history will display the complete contents of all volumes. This enables users to easily locate a specific document, such as a House report, Senate report or Congressional hearing:
Was this article helpful?
- Email Selected Catalog Search Results
- How to Search in National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State Laws
- How To Search in World Constitutions Illustrated
- How to Search for Restatements in the American Law Institute Library
- Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing Tools in HeinOnline
- How to Use Boosting in a Search Query
- How to Search the Supplement Volumes of the US Code to Determine if Changes Were Made Since the Last Bound Volume
- U.S. Code Citation Locator
- How Do I Create eTOC Alerts?
- How Do I Search for a Congressional Hearing?
- How to Search in Subject Compilations of State Laws
- How can I make links to articles in HeinOnline?
- How do I contact HeinOnline support?
- The HeinOnline instruction videos won’t play on my system. How can I get them to work?
- PDF shows up as a placeholder icon in browser. How can I fix this?
- When I download a PDF article it results in a blank page and/or blank screen. How can I fix this?
- Federal Rules of Evidence
- How to Construct a URL to a Specific Citation Using an Open URL Resolver
- Five Things You Can Do in Less Than 15 Seconds in HeinOnline
- How to Find a Preamble in the Federal Register
- U.S. Federal Legislative History Library Quick Reference Guide
- Infinite Scrolling
- HeinOnline Law Journal Library Indexed by Google Scholar
- Congressional Hearings Quick Finder
- Refining and Building Search Queries
- Search by Rollcall Vote
- Search by Bill Number
- Navigating HeinOnline Databases
- Catalog Searching
- Searching from the Welcome Page
- Citations on a Page
- HeinOnline Welcome Page
- Top Tips Every Researcher Should Know
- Getting Started in HeinOnline
- Searching 101
- Tim’s Tricks
- Advanced Search Syntax
- HeinOnline Comprehensive User’s Guide
- How do I view a MARC Record?
- How do I bookmark or link to a specific page?
- How do I find a House or Senate report in HeinOnline?
- Using Syntax and Field Searching in the Main Full Text Search Bar
- How do I download a document to Dropbox in HeinOnline?
- How do I print a document in HeinOnline?
- How do I view a treaty summary when I am viewing the full text of the treaty?
- How do I determine if a treaty has been cited in law review articles in HeinOnline?
- How do I find a treaty if I have a sign date?
- How do I find a treaty if I have a citation?
- How do I download a document that exceeds 200 pages?
- How do I obtain permission to use HeinOnline images?
- How do I utilize case law linking?
- How do I access case law?
- How do I find information on a certain topic?
- U.S. Federal Legislative History Library Training Videos
- Marine Pollution and the Law of the Sea – Professor Kindt’s Class Materials
- How do I submit an article for inclusion in an upcoming Trends in Law Library Management & Technology volume?
- I can see the page in HeinOnline, but how do I download the article?
- I know the title of the article I need. How do I locate it?
- I have a citation to an article. How do I find the article?
- Can I search in a foreign language in IFLP?