- HeinOnline Database Functions, Structure & Technical Information
- How to Construct a URL to a Specific Citation Using an Open URL Resolver
How to Construct a URL to a Specific Citation Using an Open URL Resolver
In order to construct a link that will direct a user to a specific citation or article in HeinOnline, use the following format:
This link will direct users to The Advocate volume 64, page 1.
For questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Was this article helpful?
- Can I change my HeinOnline username and password?
- What is the EZproxy stanza for HeinOnline?
- How to Search in the Sources of Compiled Legislative Histories Database
- CASA Enabled in HeinOnline
- How to Use Boosting in a Search Query
- How Do I Create eTOC Alerts?
- Are the URLs in HeinOnline persistent?
- Does HeinOnline support Open URL resolvers such as SFX?
- How can I make links to articles in HeinOnline?
- How do I contact HeinOnline support?
- Is Endnote compatible with HeinOnline?
- The HeinOnline instruction videos won’t play on my system. How can I get them to work?
- PDF shows up as a placeholder icon in browser. How can I fix this?
- When I download a PDF article it results in a blank page and/or blank screen. How can I fix this?
- Downloading, Printing, and Sharing Documents
- HeinOnline Comprehensive User’s Guide
- What information is contained in each KBART data field?
- What is KBART?
- How do I view a MARC Record?
- How do I bookmark or link to a specific page?
- How do I find a House or Senate report in HeinOnline?
- I have a citation. Is there a way to use that citation to find what I need?
- Using Syntax and Field Searching in the Main Full Text Search Bar
- When I download a PDF from HeinOnline, there is a red X where the PDF should be. What can I do?
- I am unable to save the PDF I downloaded. My operating system is Windows Vista. What should I do?
- How do I download a document to Dropbox in HeinOnline?
- How do I print a document in HeinOnline?
- What are the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and is HeinOnline compliant?
- What are the definitions of the content section types in HeinOnline search results?
- Database Descriptions for Libguides
- Recommended Configurations
- HeinOnline User Rules
- Approved Discovery Services & How They Work with HeinOnline
- How do I view a treaty summary when I am viewing the full text of the treaty?
- How do I determine if a treaty has been cited in law review articles in HeinOnline?
- How do I find a treaty if I have a sign date?
- How do I find a treaty if I have a citation?
- How do I download a document that exceeds 200 pages?
- May I use the HeinOnline logo?
- What is Section 508?
- How do I obtain permission to use HeinOnline images?
- Will I need to adjust authentications or proxy settings to access case law powered by Fastcase?
- How do I utilize case law linking?
- How do I access case law?
- How do I find information on a certain topic?
- Marine Pollution and the Law of the Sea – Professor Kindt’s Class Materials
- Webinar – System Requirements
- How do I submit an article for inclusion in an upcoming Trends in Law Library Management & Technology volume?
- I can see the page in HeinOnline, but how do I download the article?
- I know the title of the article I need. How do I locate it?
- I have a citation to an article. How do I find the article?
- I see a citation in the footnote of the text I am viewing, how do I view the cited material?
- How do I Get a Permanent Link to a Title?
- How do I Search and Use Boolean Operators?
- What is an external section type?
- How to find a Public Law Prior to the 57th Congress?
- How do I Search for a specific date, page number, and term in the Congressional Record?
- How do I Build a Wildcard Search?
- How do I Locate a U. S. Supreme Court Slip Opinion by Case Name or Number?