- HeinOnline Database Functions, Structure & Technical Information
- How do I search by Author?
How do I search by Author?
HeinOnline indexes author names as they appear in the original copy of a title/article. Some author names may contain middle initials, only the first initial of their first name, or both first and middle initials. An author could be displayed in the index in one or more of the following formats:
- Last Name, First Name (ex: Cheffins, Brian)
- Last Name, First Name, Middle Initial (ex: Franck, Susan D.)
- Last Name, First Initial, Middle Initial (ex: Robertson, A. H.)
- Last Name, First Initial (ex: Miller, S.)
- Last Name, First Initial, Middle Name (ex: Miller, S. Elizabeth)
You can search for authors multiple ways.
From the Welcome Page, click the Advanced Search link located beneath the main search bar. Use the Author field and enter the author’s name, then click Search. Name order does not matter: Paul Finkelman and Finkelman, Paul will return the same list of results.
You can also enter the Law Journal Library, select Advanced Search and use the Author/Creator field:
Search for book authors using the Catalog Search tab from anywhere in HeinOnline. Click the Advanced Catalog Search link beneath the search bar and enter the author’s name in the Author field and click Search:
Was this article helpful?
- Availability Facet in the Law Journal Library
- Mastheads and Front Matter in Journals
- Can I change my HeinOnline username and password?
- Can users delete their MyHein accounts?
- Language Facet in the Law Journal Library
- What is the EZproxy stanza for HeinOnline?
- Law Journal Library Quick Reference Guide
- How to Search in the Sources of Compiled Legislative Histories Database
- Helpful Features in HeinOnline
- CASA Enabled in HeinOnline
- Citations in HeinOnline
- Title Alerts in HeinOnline
- How to Use Boosting in a Search Query
- How Do I Create eTOC Alerts?
- What are the definitions of the content section types in HeinOnline?
- Are the URLs in HeinOnline persistent?
- Does HeinOnline support Open URL resolvers such as SFX?
- How can I make links to articles in HeinOnline?
- How do I contact HeinOnline support?
- Is Endnote compatible with HeinOnline?
- The HeinOnline instruction videos won’t play on my system. How can I get them to work?
- Does HeinOnline supply cataloging records?
- PDF shows up as a placeholder icon in browser. How can I fix this?
- When I download a PDF article it results in a blank page and/or blank screen. How can I fix this?
- How to Construct a URL to a Specific Citation Using an Open URL Resolver
- Five Things You Can Do in Less Than 15 Seconds in HeinOnline
- U.S. Federal Legislative History Library Quick Reference Guide
- Student-Edited, Peer-Edited, and Refereed Journals
- Infinite Scrolling
- HeinOnline Law Journal Library Indexed by Google Scholar
- Downloading, Printing, and Sharing Documents
- Image Toolbar
- Navigating Within Titles and Volumes
- Navigating HeinOnline Databases
- Searching by Citation
- Searching from the Welcome Page
- Exploring the HeinOnline Interface
- Exploring the Welcome Page
- Logging Into HeinOnline
- Emailing PDF Links
- eTOC Alerts in HeinOnline
- Navigating the HeinOnline Interface
- Top Tips Every Researcher Should Know
- Law Journal Library
- Getting Started in HeinOnline
- HeinOnline Comprehensive User’s Guide
- What information is contained in each KBART data field?
- What is KBART?
- How do I view a MARC Record?
- How do I bookmark or link to a specific page?
- How do I find a House or Senate report in HeinOnline?
- I have a citation. Is there a way to use that citation to find what I need?
- Using Syntax and Field Searching in the Main Full Text Search Bar
- When I download a PDF from HeinOnline, there is a red X where the PDF should be. What can I do?
- I am unable to save the PDF I downloaded. My operating system is Windows Vista. What should I do?
- How do I download a document to Dropbox in HeinOnline?
- How do I print a document in HeinOnline?
- What are the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and is HeinOnline compliant?
- What are the definitions of the content section types in HeinOnline search results?
- Database Descriptions for Libguides