HeinOnline indexes author names as they appear in the original copy of a title/article. Some author names may contain middle initials, only the first initial of their first name, or both first and middle initials. An author could be displayed in the index in one or more of the following formats:
- Last Name, First Name (ex: Cheffins, Brian)
- Last Name, First Name, Middle Initial (ex: Franck, Susan D.)
- Last Name, First Initial, Middle Initial (ex: Robertson, A. H.)
- Last Name, First Initial (ex: Miller, S.)
- Last Name, First Initial, Middle Name (ex: Miller, S. Elizabeth)
You can search for authors multiple ways.
From the Welcome Page
Type the author’s name into the one-box search and select the Author option from the drop-down menu.
HeinOnlne’s author search syntax will appear. Click the magnifying glass to run the search:
Next, click the author’s name hyperlinked within search results:
From Advanced Search
You can also enter the Law Journal Library, select Advanced Search and use the Author/Creator field to search for an author:
Users can also search for book authors the one-box search. Enter the Author’s name and select the Catalog option from the drop-down menu.
Results will show any titles in HeinOnline that exist by the author: