- HeinOnline Databases
- U.S. Supreme Court Library
- How do I Locate a U. S. Supreme Court Slip Opinion by Case Name or Number?
How do I Locate a U. S. Supreme Court Slip Opinion by Case Name or Number?
Search by Case Number
To do this, open the U.S. Supreme Court Library in HeinOnline. Then click on the search tab and click on the Advanced Search link.
The U.S. Reports Slip Opinion numbers in HeinOnline are all tagged as descriptions, thus allowing us to search across the “description” field for the number.
NOTE: To search across the description field, we must use the advanced search option.
For example, to find 07-290, enter the following:
Search by Case Name
Use the Case Name field to search for this case by name:
Was this article helpful?
- Can I change my HeinOnline username and password?
- How to Search in the Sources of Compiled Legislative Histories Database
- How to Create eTOC Alerts
- What is Oyez?
- How do I contact HeinOnline support?
- PDF shows up as a placeholder icon in browser. How can I fix this?
- When I download a PDF article it results in a blank page and/or blank screen. How can I fix this?
- How to Construct a URL to a Specific Citation Using an Open URL Resolver
- U.S. Supreme Court Library Quick Reference Guide
- Case Law in HeinOnline
- HeinOnline and Fastcase
- Retrieving Case Law
- How to Synchronize Your Existing Fastcase and HeinOnline Accounts
- How do I view a MARC Record?
- How To Link to a Specific Page
- How do I find a House or Senate report in HeinOnline?
- How do I download a document to Dropbox in HeinOnline?
- How to Print or Download a Document
- How do I view a treaty summary when I am viewing the full text of the treaty?
- How do I determine if a treaty has been cited in law review articles in HeinOnline?
- How do I find a treaty if I have a sign date?
- How do I find a treaty if I have a citation?
- How Do I Download a Document That Exceeds 200 Pages?
- Are unpublished decisions available?
- How do I obtain permission to use HeinOnline images?
- Why am I being linked to a case with a different citation than what was cited in the publication I am viewing?
- Will I need to adjust authentications or proxy settings to access case law powered by Fastcase?
- When will I link to Fastcase?
- How do I utilize case law linking?
- How do I access case law?
- What case law is available through Fastcase?
- Do I need a subscription to Fastcase to utilize case law linking?
- What is bad law bot?
- What is Fastcase?
- What is Fastcase Premium?
- How do I find information on a certain topic?
- Marine Pollution and the Law of the Sea – Professor Kindt’s Class Materials
- How do I submit an article for inclusion in an upcoming Trends in Law Library Management & Technology volume?
- I can see the page in HeinOnline, but how do I download the article?
- How Do I Search for An Article By Its Title?
- I have a citation to an article. How do I find the article?
- I see a citation in the footnote of the text I am viewing, how do I view the cited material?
- Search by Case Name in the U.S. Supreme Court Library
- Search by Volume Date in the U.S. Supreme Court Library
- U.S. Supreme Court
- How To Get a Permanent Link To a Title?
- How Do I Construct a Search Using Boolean Operators?
- How to find a Public Law Prior to the 57th Congress?
- How do I Search for a specific date, page number, and term in the Congressional Record?
- How do I Build a Wildcard Search?
- How do I search Across a Specific Day in the Federal Register?
- How Do I Use Proximity Searching to find a Phrase Within 10 words of Another Phrase or Word?
- How do I email search results?
- How do I search within results?
- How to Search by Author
- How do I link to articles in HeinOnline?
- How do I contact technical support?
- Search by Case Name in English Reports
- Search by Keyword in English Reports
- How do I search the Index of Cases in the English Reports to find a case?