- HeinOnline Database Functions, Structure & Technical Information
- How To Get a Permanent Link To a Title?
How To Get a Permanent Link To a Title?
There are a few different places from which you can obtain the URL to a title in HeinOnline. From any of these locations, which are outlined below, you can right-click on the title and select either “copy shortcut” (Interet Explorer) or “copy link address” (Chrome), or another similar prompt as is applicable to your browser. You can then paste the link wherever you need to; whether into a cataloging tool or where required when using your browser’s bookmarking features. You may also choose a bookmark or add the link to your favorites directly from the right-click menu options.
Catalog Search: You can right-click on the title from the list of results generated by using the Catalog Search feature.
Collection Index Page: You can right-click on the title from the index list inside any collection’s home page.
Navigation Trail: Or, you can right-click on the title name from the navigation trail once you are working on the title itself.
Permalink Icon: If you are working on the title itself, you can click on the permalink icon.
This will produce a box with a link to the exact page you are viewing. You can then copy and paste the link as needed.
Was this article helpful?
- Searching 101 and PathFinder: Customer Training (Video)
- How to Browse and Search with PathFinder (Video)
- One-Box Searching
- Linking Your MyHein Account with Google
- HeinOnline Database Title Listings
- How to Use the Venn Diagram Search (Video)
- How to Use ScholarCheck
- Entities in HeinOnline
- Using PathFinder to Browse
- Using PathFinder to Search
- PathFinder: HeinOnline’s Multi-Level Discipline Taxonomy
- How to Navigate within Titles, Volumes, Sections, and Pages
- How to Navigate within Titles, Volumes, Sections, and Pages (Video)
- How to Use Fuzzy Searching
- Does Chrome Support Referring URLs?
- Availability Facet in the Law Journal Library
- Assign a Trusted Individual to Your ORCID Account
- Disconnecting an ORCID iD from HeinOnline
- What Is ORCID?
- Creating an ORCID Account and Linking to HeinOnline
- Linking a Pre-Existing ORCID Account to HeinOnline
- Explore This Author
- Venn Diagram Search
- Bold Matching Text
- HeinOnline Widgets
- HeinOnline Icons
- Can I change my HeinOnline username and password?
- McGill Guide Citation Format
- Language Facet in the Law Journal Library
- What is the EZproxy stanza for HeinOnline?
- How to Search in the Sources of Compiled Legislative Histories Database
- Helpful Features in HeinOnline
- Subjects and Entities in HeinOnline
- More Like This in HeinOnline
- CASA Enabled in HeinOnline
- How to Receive Title Alerts Via MyHein
- Subject Catalog Feature in HeinOnline
- How to Use Boosting in a Search Query
- Is HeinOnline Available in Another Language?
- More Information Links in HeinOnline
- How to Create eTOC Alerts
- What is Oyez?
- Are the URLs in HeinOnline persistent?
- Does HeinOnline support Open URL resolvers such as SFX?
- How do I contact HeinOnline support?
- Is Endnote compatible with HeinOnline?
- PDF shows up as a placeholder icon in browser. How can I fix this?
- When I download a PDF article it results in a blank page and/or blank screen. How can I fix this?
- How to Construct a URL to a Specific Citation Using an Open URL Resolver
- How to Download, Print, and Share Documents (Video)
- Top Tips Every Researcher Should Know
- What information is contained in each KBART data field?
- What is KBART?
- How Do I View a MARC Record?
- How To Link to a Specific Page
- Does HeinOnline have cataloguing aids available?
- Can I Use a Citation To Retrieve a Document?
- Using Syntax and Field Searching with One-Box Search
- When I download a PDF from HeinOnline, there is a red X where the PDF should be. What can I do?
- I am unable to save the PDF I downloaded. My operating system is Windows Vista. What should I do?