- HeinOnline Database Functions, Structure & Technical Information
- How do I Get a Permanent Link to a Title?
How do I Get a Permanent Link to a Title?
There are a few different places from which you can obtain the URL to a title in HeinOnline. From any of these locations, which are outlined below, you can right click on the title and select either “copy shortcut” (IE) or “copy link address” (Chrome), or another similar prompt as is applicable to your browser. You can then paste the link wherever you need to; whether into a cataloging tool or where required when using your browser’s bookmarking features. You may also choose a bookmark or add the link to your favorites directly from the right-click menu options.
Catalog Search: You can right click on the title from the list of results generated by using the Catalog Search feature.
Collection Index Page: You can right click on the title from the index list inside any collection’s home page.
Navigation Trail: Or, you can right click on the title name from the navigation trail once you are working on the title itself.
Permalink Icon: If you are working on the title itself, you can click on the permalink icon.
This will produce a box with a link to the exact page you are viewing. You can then copy and paste the link as needed.
Was this article helpful?
- Assign a Trusted Individual to Your ORCID Account
- Disconnecting an ORCID iD from HeinOnline
- What Is ORCID?
- Creating an ORCID Account and Linking to HeinOnline
- Linking a Pre-Existing ORCID Account to HeinOnline
- Explore This Author
- Venn Diagram Search
- Bold Matching Text
- HeinOnline Icons
- Can I change my HeinOnline username and password?
- McGill Guide Citation Format
- Language Facet in the Law Journal Library
- What is the EZproxy stanza for HeinOnline?
- How to Search in the Sources of Compiled Legislative Histories Database
- Helpful Features in HeinOnline
- More Like This in HeinOnline
- CASA Enabled in HeinOnline
- Title Alerts in HeinOnline
- Subject Catalog Feature in HeinOnline
- How to Use Boosting in a Search Query
- Is HeinOnline Available in Another Language?
- More Information Links in HeinOnline
- How to Set up IFLP alerts
- How Do I Create eTOC Alerts?
- What is Oyez?
- Are the URLs in HeinOnline persistent?
- Does HeinOnline support Open URL resolvers such as SFX?
- How can I make links to articles in HeinOnline?
- How do I contact HeinOnline support?
- Is Endnote compatible with HeinOnline?
- The HeinOnline instruction videos won’t play on my system. How can I get them to work?
- PDF shows up as a placeholder icon in browser. How can I fix this?
- When I download a PDF article it results in a blank page and/or blank screen. How can I fix this?
- How to Construct a URL to a Specific Citation Using an Open URL Resolver
- Downloading, Printing, and Sharing Documents
- HeinOnline Comprehensive User’s Guide
- What information is contained in each KBART data field?
- What is KBART?
- How do I view a MARC Record?
- How do I bookmark or link to a specific page?
- Does HeinOnline have cataloguing aids available?
- How do I find a House or Senate report in HeinOnline?
- I have a citation. Is there a way to use that citation to find what I need?
- Using Syntax and Field Searching in the Main Full Text Search Bar
- When I download a PDF from HeinOnline, there is a red X where the PDF should be. What can I do?
- I am unable to save the PDF I downloaded. My operating system is Windows Vista. What should I do?
- I use a proxy server to access HeinOnline and Dropbox isn’t working. What can I do?
- How do I download a document to Dropbox in HeinOnline?
- How do I print a document in HeinOnline?
- What are the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and is HeinOnline compliant?
- What are the definitions of the content section types in HeinOnline search results?
- Database Descriptions for Libguides
- Recommended Configurations
- Updated Interface
- HeinOnline User Rules
- Dropbox Video
- Author Profile Pages
- Approved Discovery Services & How They Work with HeinOnline