How to Create eTOC Alerts
ElectronicTable of Contents (eTOC) Alerts are an easy way to manage your online collections, and they ensure that you will never miss a new issue of your selected titles. Alerts are sent to users as soon as content is uploaded to HeinOnline.
Watch a brief tutorial on how to set up eTOC alerts or see below for a detailed explanation.
Simply create a MyHein account and navigate to the desired title using the A-Z index from the top of a collection homepage:
Click the title, then choose Create eTOC Alert from the resulting screen:
This will save the eTOC alert to your MyHein account, and you will receive an e-mail containing the table of contents of all new issues added to the selected title, along with links to each article.
Users can also add additional email addresses to receive alerts. From your MyHein account, click on the plus sign to Add notes to the entry.
From here, add the additional email address and click Enter Note.
Was this article helpful?
- Linking Your MyHein Account with Google
- Using MyHein Personal Research Tool (Video)
- How to Use the Venn Diagram Search (Video)
- How to Set Up Case Citation Alerts for Authors
- Entities in HeinOnline
- Using PathFinder to Browse
- Using PathFinder to Search
- PathFinder: HeinOnline’s Multi-Level Discipline Taxonomy
- How to Manage Author Alerts
- How to Manage Author Alerts (Video)
- How to Manage Your HeinOnline Search History
- How to Manage Your HeinOnline Search History (Video)
- How to Manage Author Alerts With MyHein (Video)
- How to Manage Author Alerts With MyHein
- How to Save Search Queries in MyHein
- How to Bookmark Documents in MyHein
- Preparing for U.S. News Scholarly Ranking
- How To Download Author Profile Citation Data From MyHein
- How To Reset Your MyHein Password
- Creating a MyHein Account
- How to Mark Databases as Favorites Using Your MyHein Account
- How to Mark Databases as Favorites Using Your MyHein Account (Video)
- Managing Your Own SmartCILP Profile
- Managing SmartCILP Profiles for Your Faculty/Staff
- Availability Facet in the Law Journal Library
- How To Edit Faculty Author Profiles for Your Institution
- How To Edit Your Own Author Profile in HeinOnline
- Assign a Trusted Individual to Your ORCID Account
- Disconnecting an ORCID iD from HeinOnline
- What Is ORCID?
- Creating an ORCID Account and Linking to HeinOnline
- Linking a Pre-Existing ORCID Account to HeinOnline
- Explore This Author
- Venn Diagram Search
- Author Profile Links via MyHein
- How to Bookmark Items to Multiple Tags in MyHein (Video)
- Bold Matching Text
- HeinOnline Widgets
- HeinOnline Icons
- Can I change my HeinOnline username and password?
- Can users delete their MyHein accounts?
- McGill Guide Citation Format
- Language Facet in the Law Journal Library
- How to Search in the Sources of Compiled Legislative Histories Database
- Helpful Features in HeinOnline
- Topics and Entities in HeinOnline
- More Like This in HeinOnline
- CASA Enabled in HeinOnline
- How to Receive Title Alerts Via MyHein
- Subject Catalog Feature in HeinOnline
- Is HeinOnline Available in Another Language?
- More Information Links in HeinOnline
- How to Set up IFLP alerts
- What is Oyez?
- How do I contact HeinOnline support?
- PDF shows up as a placeholder icon in browser. How can I fix this?
- When I download a PDF article it results in a blank page and/or blank screen. How can I fix this?
- How to Construct a URL to a Specific Citation Using an Open URL Resolver
- MyHein and Branding
- Author Profile Pages (Video)