It’s easily one of the most controversial and heavily debated issues in history, and HeinOnline has created a resource packed with information on capital punishment, providing researchers with a comprehensive overview of the history of death penalty legislation.
About the Database
Major components of History of Capital Punishment include:
- The Eugene G. Wanger and Marilyn M. Wanger Death Penalty Collection. This book is the result of more than 50 years of research by Eugene G. Wanger, a noted expert on the subject of capital punishment. It includes more than 7,000 bibliographic entries of books, pamphlets, periodicals, posters, photographs, and more related to the history of the death penalty. Both a database version and PDF replica of the print product are included.
- Nearly 650 of the bibliographic records in The Eugene G. Wanger and Marilyn M. Wanger Death Penalty Collection link to full-text documents.
- Related trials, congressional hearings, periodicals, scholarly articles, and more.
About the Print
The Eugene G. Wanger and Marilyn M. Wanger Death Penalty Collection is a bibliographic index referencing a variety of materials which document the history and debate about capital punishment.
The collection itself includes books, artifacts and ephemera, pamphlets, audio and video, prints, posters, buttons, reports, testimony, correspondence, files by subject, advocacy materials, and clippings. Mr. Wanger, created or collected the materials himself. What’s more, the material is organized into five parts:
- Part I: Books, Pamphlets and Important Ephemera
- Part II: Files
- Part III: Electronic Media
- Part IV: Graphics Inventory
- Part V: Artifacts Inventory
Also included are finding lists, comprehensive search lists (including references to 97 names and subjects on capital punishment), and a general index. This collection also includes Wanger’s testimony at hearings opposing bills attempting to reinstate the death penalty, as well as brochures and short articles. Nearly 650 of the bibliographic records link to full-text documents.