Federal Rules of Evidence
The Federal Rules of Evidence, published by the GPO, is available in the following databases in HeinOnline:
- Legal Classics
- U.S. Congressional Documents
- U.S. Federal Agency Documents, Decisions, and Appeals
- Congress and the Courts
Coverage begins with inception in 1978 and is available through the current volume. Use the Catalog tab on the HeinOnline welcome page and enter Federal Rules of Evidence into the search bar:
Select the title (it’s the first search result) to view available volumes:
To find a specific rule, enter the appropriate volume and perform a search in the Rules section. For example, to find the most current version of Rule 802, enter the 2016 volume and click on the Rules section in the Table of Contents:
From there, click the magnifying glass icon located directly above the page image. Enter “Rule 802” in quotation marks and select This Section. Then, click Search:
Click the “Turn to page” link from the search result to access the page on which Rule 802 begins:
Was this article helpful?
- Availability Facet in the Law Journal Library
- Venn Diagram Search
- Using Proximity Connectors
- Searching for a Digital Object Identifier (DOI) Number in HeinOnline
- Proximity Searching Using w/
- Bold Matching Text
- Language Facet in the Law Journal Library
- Law Journal Library Quick Reference Guide
- Email Selected Catalog Search Results
- How to Search in the Sources of Compiled Legislative Histories Database
- How to Search in National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State Laws
- How To Search in World Constitutions Illustrated
- How to Search for Restatements in the American Law Institute Library
- Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing Tools in HeinOnline
- How to Use Boosting in a Search Query
- How to Search the Supplement Volumes of the US Code to Determine if Changes Were Made Since the Last Bound Volume
- U.S. Code Citation Locator
- How Do I Search for a Congressional Hearing?
- How to Search in Subject Compilations of State Laws
- Five Things You Can Do in Less Than 15 Seconds in HeinOnline
- How to Find a Preamble in the Federal Register
- Infinite Scrolling
- HeinOnline Law Journal Library Indexed by Google Scholar
- Congressional Hearings Quick Finder
- Refining and Building Search Queries
- Search by Rollcall Vote
- Search by Bill Number
- Navigating HeinOnline Databases
- Catalog Searching
- Searching from the Welcome Page
- Citations on a Page
- HeinOnline Welcome Page
- Top Tips Every Researcher Should Know
- Getting Started in HeinOnline
- Searching 101
- Tim’s Tricks
- Advanced Search Syntax
- HeinOnline Comprehensive User’s Guide
- Using Syntax and Field Searching in the Main Full Text Search Bar
- Can I search in a foreign language in IFLP?
- What is the difference between the two search options, Search IFLP Metadata and Search IFLP Print Edition?
- How to Search for Chapters Within Collections of Essays in IFLP
- How to Search by a Foreign Language in IFLP
- How to Search by Jurisdiction in IFLP
- Searching for Foreign Law in IFLP
- Search by Author in IFLP
- Searching 101
- Search All United Nations Publications
- Search for a Resolution in U.S. Statutes at Large
- Search for a Treaty by Nation in U.S. Statutes at Large
- Search for an Indian Treaty by Tribe in U.S. Statutes at Large
- Search by Public Law Number in U.S. Statutes at Large
- Search for a Member of Congress by Name in U.S. Congressional Documents
- How do I refine a search in the U.S. Congressional Documents?
- Where can I find help for using HeinOnline?
- How do I Search and Use Boolean Operators?
- How do I Search for a specific date, page number, and term in the Congressional Record?
- Search by the Title Number in United States Code
- Search by the U.S. Code Edition
- How do I Build a Wildcard Search?