Can users delete their MyHein accounts?
NOTE: Deleting your MyHein account will not affect your HeinOnline subscription status or your ability to access HeinOnline. MyHein is HeinOnline’s personal research tool. For more information about MyHein, please see our MyHein User’s Guide.
Users may delete their MyHein account at any time by doing the following:
First, make sure you’re logged in to HeinOnline.
Next, log in to your MyHein account by clicking “MyHein” in the menu bar at the top of the page, then click “login”.
Once you’re logged in to MyHein, “Delete your MyHein account” will appear as an option in the MyHein drop down menu.
Next, click “Delete your MyHein account”. You will then be prompted to confirm deletion.
Finally, click “confirm deletion” to permanently delete your MyHein account. A confirmation will be sent to the email address associated with the deleted MyHein account. Deleting your MyHein account is permanent and irreversible. Data cannot be retrieved once a MyHein account has been deleted.
Was this article helpful?
- How to Email a PDF of a Document (Video)
- How to Email a PDF Link to a Document in HeinOnline
- One-Box Searching (Video)
- One-Box Searching
- Linking Your MyHein Account with Google
- Using MyHein Personal Research Tool (Video)
- How to Set Up Case Citation Alerts for Authors
- How to Manage Author Alerts
- How to Manage Author Alerts (Video)
- How to Manage Your HeinOnline Search History
- How to Manage Your HeinOnline Search History (Video)
- How to Manage Author Alerts With MyHein (Video)
- How to Manage Author Alerts With MyHein
- How to Save Search Queries in MyHein
- How to Bookmark Documents in MyHein
- Preparing for U.S. News Scholarly Ranking
- How To Download Author Profile Citation Data From MyHein
- How To Reset Your MyHein Password
- Creating a MyHein Account
- Frequently Asked Questions for Short-Term Subscribers
- How to Mark Databases as Favorites Using Your MyHein Account
- How to Mark Databases as Favorites Using Your MyHein Account (Video)
- Managing Your Own SmartCILP Profile
- Managing SmartCILP Profiles for Your Faculty/Staff
- How To Edit Faculty Author Profiles for Your Institution
- How To Edit Your Own Author Profile in HeinOnline
- Author Profile Links via MyHein
- How to Bookmark Items to Multiple Tags in MyHein (Video)
- Helpful Features in HeinOnline
- Citations in HeinOnline
- How to Receive Title Alerts Via MyHein
- Subject Catalog Feature in HeinOnline
- How to Create eTOC Alerts
- What are the definitions of the content section types in HeinOnline?
- Does HeinOnline supply cataloging records?
- Five Things You Can Do in Less Than 15 Seconds in HeinOnline
- U.S. Federal Legislative History Library Quick Reference Guide
- Student-Edited, Peer-Edited, and Refereed Journals
- MyHein and Branding
- Infinite Scrolling
- Author Profile Pages (Video)
- Downloading, Printing, and Sharing Documents (Video)
- Image Toolbar (Video)
- Navigating HeinOnline Databases (Video)
- Searching by Citation (Video)
- Searching from the Welcome Page (Video)
- Exploring the HeinOnline Interface (Video)
- Exploring the Welcome Page (Video)
- Logging Into HeinOnline (Video)
- eTOC Alerts in HeinOnline (Video)
- What is HeinOnline?
- Top Tips Every Researcher Should Know
- Getting Started in HeinOnline
- MyHein User’s Guide
- HeinOnline Comprehensive User’s Guide
- Can I Use a Citation To Retrieve a Document?
- How to Print or Download a Document
- I can see the page in HeinOnline, but how do I download the article?
- Printing and Downloading
- Where can I find help for using HeinOnline?