Bold Matching Text
We have changed our matching text to bold as a result of a suggestion from an employee here at the Hein Company. Let’s take a look at this new enhancement, which is easier on the eyes! Start by constructing a search in HeinOnline. Using the Full Text tab, enter “Miranda warning” AND “police custody” and click the search button.
From the results page, notice the matching text is now in boldface type.
This new formatting is easier to read and less distracting than the previous yellow highlighting.
TIP: To view all matching text pages, either click the Toggle All Matching Text Pages icon or expand the plus sign below each result.
Was this article helpful?
- Entities in HeinOnline
- Using PathFinder to Browse
- Using PathFinder to Search
- PathFinder: HeinOnline’s Multi-Level Discipline Taxonomy
- How to Search Across Multiple Databases
- How to Search Across Multiple Databases (Video)
- How to Locate a Title in HeinOnline
- How to Locate a Title in HeinOnline (Video)
- How to Manage Your HeinOnline Search History
- How to Manage Your HeinOnline Search History (Video)
- How to Use Fuzzy Searching
- How to Save Search Queries in MyHein
- Frequently Asked Questions for Short-Term Subscribers
- How to Locate the Text of a Public Law Using Its Popular Name in U.S. Statutes at Large
- How To Locate the Text of a Public Law Using the U.S. Federal Legislative History Database
- How to Locate the Text of a Public Law Using Its Popular Name (Video)
- Availability Facet in the Law Journal Library
- Assign a Trusted Individual to Your ORCID Account
- Disconnecting an ORCID iD from HeinOnline
- What Is ORCID?
- Creating an ORCID Account and Linking to HeinOnline
- Linking a Pre-Existing ORCID Account to HeinOnline
- Explore This Author
- Venn Diagram Search
- Using Proximity Connectors
- Searching for a Digital Object Identifier (DOI) Number in HeinOnline
- Proximity Searching Using w/
- HeinOnline Widgets
- HeinOnline Icons
- McGill Guide Citation Format
- Language Facet in the Law Journal Library
- Law Journal Library Quick Reference Guide
- Email Selected Catalog Search Results
- How to Search in the Sources of Compiled Legislative Histories Database
- How to Search in National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State Laws
- How To Search in World Constitutions Illustrated
- Helpful Features in HeinOnline
- Topics and Entities in HeinOnline
- More Like This in HeinOnline
- How to Search for Restatements in the American Law Institute Library
- CASA Enabled in HeinOnline
- How to Receive Title Alerts Via MyHein
- Subject Catalog Feature in HeinOnline
- Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing Tools in HeinOnline
- How to Use Boosting in a Search Query
- How to Search the Supplement Volumes of the US Code to Determine if Changes Were Made Since the Last Bound Volume
- Is HeinOnline Available in Another Language?
- More Information Links in HeinOnline
- How to Set up IFLP alerts
- U.S. Code Citation Locator
- How to Create eTOC Alerts
- What is Oyez?
- How Do I Search for a Congressional Hearing?
- How to Search in Subject Compilations of State Laws
- Federal Rules of Evidence
- Five Things You Can Do in Less Than 15 Seconds in HeinOnline
- How to Find a Preamble in the Federal Register
- Infinite Scrolling
- HeinOnline Law Journal Library Indexed by Google Scholar
- Congressional Hearings Quick Finder