What is Fastcase Premium?
Fastcase Premium is an enhanced version of Fastcase Basic, which is included free with all HeinOnline Core subscriptions. There are two ways to access the additional features:
1. If you already subscribe to both Fastcase and HeinOnline, you can synchronize your accounts at no additional charge. For instructions on how to synchronize your accounts, click here.
2. Upgrade to Fastcase Premium by contacting your HeinOnline sales representative or our Marketing Department.
Additional features available with Fastcase/HeinOnline account synchronization or by upgrading to Fastcase Premium:
1. Full text and metadata searching of all case law powered by Fastcase will be available from within the HeinOnline interface. Fastcase will also appear in the list of your institution’s subscribed collections.Click Fastcase from the list of libraries, OR click the Search Fastcase link, which is located beneath the search bar, to access the Fastcase advanced search options.
2. Case law will appear in search results when searching all subscribed collections in HeinOnline.
3. HeinOnline’s ScholarCheck tool is enhanced. In addition to viewing articles that are cited by current articles or cases, users will now see cases that cite a current case on pages of case law, and cases that cite articles when searching in the HeinOnline Law Journal Library; search results can also be sorted by Number of Times Cited by Cases.
4. The Negative Treatment Indicator, which displays a red flag when a case has received negative treatment (i.e. potentially reversed or overturned) will become a link. The link will display a list of cases that have treated the current case negatively.