- HeinOnline Databases
- Law Journal Library
- How Do I Search by Keyword or Phrase in the Law Journal Library?
How Do I Search by Keyword or Phrase in the Law Journal Library?
To construct a text search, enter the Law Journal Library and click the Advanced Search option at the top of the main page. Choose the Text option from the drop-down menu when searching for a word or phrase.
You can also search using the Full Text tab at the top of the main page. From here you would type text: civil disobedience” and click the search button.
If you want to search for more than one word or phrase, you would conduct your search as follows:
The Search Help provides examples of how to use Boolean operators.
HeinOnline’s Advanced Search Syntax guide will provide even more details and search examples to assist you with your research.
Was this article helpful?
- How to Use Fuzzy Searching
- How To Save Search Queries in MyHein
- Frequently Asked Questions for Short-Term Subscribers
- How to Locate the Text of a Public Law Using Its Popular Name in U.S. Statutes at Large
- How To Locate the Text of a Public Law Using the U.S. Federal Legislative History Database
- How to Locate the Text of a Public Law Using Its Popular Name (Video)
- Availability Facet in the Law Journal Library
- Venn Diagram Search
- Mastheads and Front Matter in Journals
- Using Proximity Connectors
- Searching for a Digital Object Identifier (DOI) Number in HeinOnline
- Proximity Searching Using w/
- Bold Matching Text
- Language Facet in the Law Journal Library
- Law Journal Library Quick Reference Guide
- Email Selected Catalog Search Results
- How To Download Author Profile Citation Data From the Law Journal Library
- How to Search in the Sources of Compiled Legislative Histories Database
- How to Search in National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State Laws
- How To Search in World Constitutions Illustrated
- How to Search for Restatements in the American Law Institute Library
- Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing Tools in HeinOnline
- How to Use Boosting in a Search Query
- How to Search the Supplement Volumes of the US Code to Determine if Changes Were Made Since the Last Bound Volume
- U.S. Code Citation Locator
- How Do I Search for a Congressional Hearing?
- How to Search in Subject Compilations of State Laws
- Federal Rules of Evidence
- Five Things You Can Do in Less Than 15 Seconds in HeinOnline
- How to Find a Preamble in the Federal Register
- Infinite Scrolling
- HeinOnline Law Journal Library Indexed by Google Scholar
- Congressional Hearings Quick Finder
- Refining and Building Search Queries
- Search by Rollcall Vote
- Search by Bill Number
- Navigating HeinOnline Databases
- Catalog Searching
- Searching from the Welcome Page
- Citations on a Page
- HeinOnline Welcome Page
- Top Tips Every Researcher Should Know
- Law Journal Library
- Getting Started in HeinOnline
- Searching 101
- Tim’s Tricks
- Using Advanced Search Syntax
- HeinOnline Comprehensive User’s Guide
- Using Syntax and Field Searching in the Main Full Text Search Bar
- Law Journal Library Training Videos
- Can I Browse to Find an Article Instead of Searching?
- How Do I Search for An Article By Its Title?
- I have a citation to an article. How do I find the article?
- Can I search in a foreign language in IFLP?
- What is the difference between the two search options, Search IFLP Metadata and Search IFLP Print Edition?
- How to Search for Chapters Within Collections of Essays in IFLP
- How to Search by a Foreign Language in IFLP
- How to Search by Jurisdiction in IFLP
- Searching for Foreign Law in IFLP
- Search by Author in IFLP