Democracy in America
HeinOnline is proud to partner with Alan Keely, Associate Director for Collection Services at Wake Forest Law Library, to showcase an exciting database version of Alexis de Tocqueville’s classic work, Democracy in America, complete with more than 1,000 annotations and references.
Meticulously researched by Keely, this interactive digital edition takes students and researchers back to Tocqueville’s 1831, providing full-text links to the works Tocqueville read while he traveled, researched, and wrote Democracy in America. Keely’s annotations provide insight into Tocqueville’s thinking, grounding the work within the context in which it was written.
Jump from the pages of Democracy in America into the works referenced by Tocqueville with HeinOnline’s unparalleled access to historical content. Pull up full-text images right to the referenced portion and then dive in deeper, easily navigating between both the reference work and Tocqueville’s. Move on to secondary references for more analysis and discussion of the continuing relevance of Democracy in America today.
For tips on using the Democracy in America database, visit the Democracy in America libguide.
Was this article helpful?
- How to Locate Treaties in HeinOnline
- All About Military and Government
- How to Locate Treaties in HeinOnline (Video)
- All About Military and Government (Video)
- When Are Articles Indexed for Current Index to Legal Periodicals?
- How to Locate a House or Senate Report (Video)
- How to Locate a House or Senate Report
- How to Use the CFR Locator Tools
- How to Use the CFR Locator Tools (Video)
- Linking Your MyHein Account with Google
- Canadian Content in HeinOnline
- All About Current Index to Legal Periodicals (Video)
- Nomos: American Society for Political and Legal Philosophy
- Maximizing the U.S. Federal Legislative History Library (Video)
- How to Use ScholarCheck
- Index to Foreign Legal Periodicals Reference Guide
- Australian Guide to Legal Citations (AGLC)
- Using PathFinder to Browse
- Using PathFinder to Search
- PathFinder: HeinOnline’s Multi-Level Discipline Taxonomy
- How to Navigate within Titles, Volumes, Sections, and Pages
- How to Search Across Multiple Databases
- American Law Institute Library
- American Law Institute Library (Video)
- How to Research the Career of a Senator
- How to Research the Career of a Senator (Video)
- Electoral College Subcollection
- How to Locate the Text of a Public Law Using Its Popular Name in U.S. Statutes at Large
- How To Locate the Text of a Public Law Using the U.S. Federal Legislative History Database
- How to Locate the Text of a Public Law Using Its Popular Name (Video)
- Do SmartCILP Alerts Include Links to Lexis and Westlaw?
- Civil Rights and Social Justice
- Executive Privilege
- COVID-19: Pandemics Past and Present
- Unsubscribing from SmartCILP Notifications
- Creating a SmartCILP Profile
- Managing Your Own SmartCILP Profile
- Managing SmartCILP Profiles for Your Faculty/Staff
- Availability Facet in the Law Journal Library
- Current Index to Legal Periodicals (CILP) LibGuide
- Adding Your SSRN profile link to Your HeinOnline Author Profile Page
- Bibliography of American Law School Casebooks
- Criminal Justice & Criminology
- How To Edit Faculty Author Profiles for Your Institution
- Adding Your Google Scholar Profile to Your HeinOnline Author Profile Page
- How To Edit Your Own Author Profile in HeinOnline
- American Enterprise Institute
- Citation Lookup Tools in the U.S. Congressional Serial Set
- Indigenous Peoples Treaty Search Tool
- Assign a Trusted Individual to Your ORCID Account
- Disconnecting an ORCID iD from HeinOnline
- What Is ORCID?
- Creating an ORCID Account and Linking to HeinOnline
- Linking a Pre-Existing ORCID Account to HeinOnline
- State Constitutions Illustrated
- Business and Legal Aspects of Sports and Entertainment (BLASE)
- Mastheads and Front Matter in Journals
- Serial Set in HeinOnline
- George Wythe Collection