Democracy in America
HeinOnline is proud to partner with Alan Keely, Associate Director for Collection Services at Wake Forest Law Library, to showcase a new and exciting version of Alexis de Tocqueville’s classic work, Democracy in America, complete with more than 1,000 annotations and references.
Meticulously researched by Keely, this interactive digital edition takes students and researchers back to Tocqueville’s 1831, providing full-text links to the works Tocqueville read while he traveled, researched, and wrote Democracy in America. Keely’s annotations provide insight into Tocqueville’s thinking, grounding the work within the context in which it was written.
Jump from the pages of Democracy in America into the works referenced by Tocqueville with HeinOnline’s unparalleled access to historical content. Pull up full-text images right to the referenced portion and then dive in deeper, easily navigating between both the reference work and Tocqueville’s. Move on to secondary references for more analysis and discussion of the continuing relevance of Democracy in America today.
For tips on using the Democracy in America database, visit the Democracy in America libguide.
Was this article helpful?
- How to Locate the Text of a Public Law Using Its Popular Name in U.S. Statutes at Large
- How To Locate the Text of a Public Law Using the U.S. Federal Legislative History Database
- How to Locate the Text of a Public Law Using Its Popular Name (Video)
- Do SmartCILP Alerts Include Links to Lexis and Westlaw?
- Civil Rights and Social Justice
- Executive Privilege
- COVID-19 in America: Response, Issues, and Law
- Unsubscribing from SmartCILP Notifications
- Creating a SmartCILP Profile
- Managing Your Own SmartCILP Profile
- Managing SmartCILP Profiles for Your Faculty/Staff
- Availability Facet in the Law Journal Library
- Current Index to Legal Periodicals (CILP) LibGuide
- Adding Your SSRN profile link to Your HeinOnline Author Profile Page
- Bibliography of American Law School Casebooks
- Criminal Justice & Criminology
- Editing Faculty Author Profiles for Your Institution
- Adding Your Google Scholar Profile to Your HeinOnline Author Profile Page
- Editing Your Own Author Profile in HeinOnline
- American Enterprise Institute
- Citation Lookup Tools in the U.S. Congressional Serial Set
- Native American Treaty Search Tool
- Assign a Trusted Individual to Your ORCID Account
- Disconnecting an ORCID iD from HeinOnline
- What Is ORCID?
- Creating an ORCID Account and Linking to HeinOnline
- Linking a Pre-Existing ORCID Account to HeinOnline
- State Constitutions Illustrated
- Business and Legal Aspects of Sports and Entertainment (BLASE)
- Democracy in America Quick Reference Guide
- Mastheads and Front Matter in Journals
- Serial Set in HeinOnline
- George Wythe Collection
- Map View in State Reports: A Historical Archive Includes Court Districts
- Language Facet in the Law Journal Library
- Law Journal Library Quick Reference Guide
- Slavery in America and the World Quick Reference Guide
- How to Search in the Sources of Compiled Legislative Histories Database
- How to Search in National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State Laws
- How To Search in World Constitutions Illustrated
- How to Search for Restatements in the American Law Institute Library
- Draft Types in the American Law Institute Library
- AALL 2017 Presentations
- How to Find Specific Chapters in the Session Laws Library
- How to Search the Supplement Volumes of the US Code to Determine if Changes Were Made Since the Last Bound Volume
- How to Set up IFLP alerts
- U.S. Code Citation Locator
- What is Oyez?
- How Do I Search for a Congressional Hearing?
- How to Search in Subject Compilations of State Laws
- CFR Sections Affected
- Legal Dictionaries in HeinOnline
- Huge Addition to American Indian Law Collection: Indian Tribal Codes
- Criminal Justice in America: U.S. Attorney General Database has Been Expanded, Categorized and Re-Named
- U.S. Supreme Court Library Quick Reference Guide
- How to Find a Preamble in the Federal Register
- U.S. Federal Legislative History Library Quick Reference Guide
- Case Law in HeinOnline
- GPO’s Authenticated PDFs of Archival Federal Registers & Congressional Record Available via HeinOnline