- Check out the IFLP video library that contains seven video tutorials related to browsing and searching IFLP in HeinOnline
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I browse the print edition?
- Where can I find a complete list of the journals that are indexed in IFLP?
- How do I browse by subject or country subject?
- What information is included in each index record?
- What is the difference between the two search options, Search IFLP Metadata and Search IFLP Print Edition?
- Can I search across only articles that are available in HeinOnline?
- Can I search in a foreign language?
- If I do a subject search, will the database suggest other subjects to search as well?
The following table displays the search fields that are available when searching the IFLP database in HeinOnline, each followed by an example.
|Keywords (All FieldS)||“comparative law”|
|Article Title||“age discrimination”|
|Journal Title||“Hague Yearbook of International Law”|
|Country of Publication||Mexico|
|Language of article or review||German|
|Book Title||“International Maritime Boundaries”|
- Keyword Search
- Historical Research
- Comparative Research
- Foreign Law
- Incorrect Citations
- Foreign Language
- Chapters within Collections of Essays
- Searching using non-English languages does not require the use of diacritical marks (accent, dot, hyphen, tilde, umlaut, etc.):
- Sanchez Gamborino or Sánchez-Gamborino
- Über Profanierung or Uber Profanierung
- For author searches, type last name first and the first initial of the first name or the last name only:
- Wolfrum, R. or Wolfrum
- When searching by journal title, drop the initial article (the, il, zie, etc.):
- Diritto di Autore not Il Diritto di Autore
- Initial articles can be used in article title searches:
- La tutela del diritto di autore su Internet or Tutela del diritto di autore su Internet