- Using & Searching the Code of Federal Regulations in HeinOnline
- How to Quickly Locate a Section in the CFR Using the CFR Citation Locator Tool
- Searching the Code of Federal Regulations Using HeinOnline (From Goodson Law Library at Duke University School of Law)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I refine my search and build a multi-term search query?
- How do I use the Title/Part/Section Quick Locator tool?
- How do I search by CFR citation?
- How do I search for a section in the CFR?
- How do I browse the CFR Indexes and Finding Aids?
- How do I find a Presidential Proclamation or Executive Order?
- How do I use the List of Sections Affected (LSA) to determine if a federal regulation is current or to understand the history?
- How and where do I find the CFR Index and where can I find aids for a specific year?
The following table displays the search fields that are available when searching in the Code of Federal Regulations Library. The syntax is the text you would use when building the search (if you are using something other than the Field Search option). The example illustrates how the syntax is used in a search query. Use the links below the table to view examples with screenshots.
|CFR Edition Date||volrefdate||volrefdate:1943|
|CFR Title Number||title||title:27|
|Title Description||title_title||title_title:”The President”|
|CFR Part Number||part||part:63|
|Part Description||part_title||part_title:”Beauty and Barber Supply Dealers”|
|Full Text||text||text:”war department documents”|