With the November release, 73 new documents and 28 new titles have been added to World Constitutions Illustrated; see below for details.
- We add our own translation of the current/original text of the Constitution of 1989. This document was significantly amended in 1996 and again in 2016.
- We include the current/latest English text of the Constitution of 1972 as amended by the Sixteenth Amendment Act of 2014.
- Last month we published the Portuguese texts of the 93rd Amendment and the Transitional Constitutional Provisions Act (ADCT). Prof Keith Rosenn has now updated his translation of the ADCT, as well as the amendment and his commentary.
- We have added two amending laws to the Constitution of 1996, from 2013 and 2015. Our current/latest translation will be added next month.
- The new Constitution of Cote d'Ivoire was promulgated on 8 November 2016. We include the French text from the Official Gazette. Our own current/latest translation will be added next month.
- We also include the French text of Law No. 99-692 of 14 December 1999, the last amending law to the Constitution of 1960.
- The Act to give force to certain Laws of Agreement between Great Britain and Ireland of 31 March 1922, creating the Irish Free State, has been added from the British and Foreign State Papers.
- We include English translations from the Knesset of the Basic Law: Referendum of 2014, and the new Basic Law: State Budget for the Years 2017 and 2018 of 2 August 2016.
- The Constitution of 1964 was amended again by Act No. XLIV of 5 August 2016. We include the Maltese and English texts of the amending law from the Government Gazette, and the current/latest consolidated text of the Ministry of Justice.
- 58 documents have been added concerning the numerous enactments of constitutional importance for New Zealand, which does not have a single-document constitution.
- Most recently added are: the Te Ture mo Te Reo Maori, Maori Language Act 2016, the Senior Courts Act 2016, The District Courts Act 2016, and the Judicial Review Procedure Act 2016.
Following are notable titles available this month:
36 Volume Set – Parliamentary History of England, from the Earliest Period to the Year 1803 (1806-1820) – William Cobbett
8 Volume Set – Cambridge History of the British Empire (1929-1959) – J. Holland Rose et al., Editors
4 Volume Set – Comentarios a la Ultima Ley de Enjuiciamiento Civil Espanola (1890-1892) – Jose Maria Manresa y Navarro & Antonio de J. Lozano
3 Volume Set – Gouvernement et le Parlement Britanniques (1887)
2 Volume Set – Jurisprudencia Civil de Espana, Conforme a las Doctrinas Consignadas en Los Fallos del Tribunal Supremo de Justicia (1869) – Manuel Ortiz de Zuniga