With the September release, 59 new documents and 27 new titles have been added to World Constitutions Illustrated; see below for details.
- Amending law No. 76/2016 of 22 July 2016 to the Constitution of 1998 has been included from the Official Gazette. The consolidated texts of the Official Gazette and of the Parliament are also included
- 7 documents have been added covering the period from Independence in 1962 to the current text of 2016
- We added the French text of the Secretariat General of the Government which his well footnoted and which contains a useful comparative table of the numeration of the Articles that has evolved since 1996
- We also added our own translations of the original text of the Constitution of 1976 and as it was consolidated to 1980
- The Federal Constitutional Law was amended again by Federal Act No. 62/2016 of 30 July 2016. We include the amending law from the Official Gazette and the consolidated text of the Federal Chancellery
- In July we added the Portuguese texts of the Constitution of 1988 as amended to Constitutional Amendment No. 92. Prof. Keith Rosenn has now updated his translations and commentary
Central African Republic
- 14 documents have been added, and meta data for all the documents revised and updated
- The Constitution of 1960 was amended by the Eighth Amendment of the Constitution Law of 21 July 2015. We include the Greek text from the Official Gazette
- The Constitution of 1949/1950 was amended again by the 101st Amendment Act of 8 September 2016. This important amendment concerns goods and services tax on supplies in the course of inter-State trade or commerce. We include the text from the Official Gazette.
- We also include the latest consolidation of the text in English and Hindi, to the 100th Amendment Act of 2015
- The Constitution of 1962 was amended again by the Constitution (Amendment) (Local Government) Act which received the assent of the Governor-General on 29 July 2015. We include the text of the amending law
- As a result of the Judgment of the Constitutional Court No. 7 of 4 March 2016, certain provisions of Arts. 78. 85, and 89 of the Constitution of 1994 concerning the election and removal of the President of the Republic were returned to their wording in effect prior to the adoption and removal of the President of the Republic were returned to their wording in effect prior to the adoption of the amending Law No. 1115-XIV of July 5 2000. The entire text of the Constitution was consequentially re-gazetted in the edition of 29 March 2016 No. 78. We include the text of the decision of the Court in English, Romanian and Russian, and the text of the Constitution from the Constitutional Court, the Ministry of Justice and the Official Gazette. The English translation is provided by the Constitutional Court.
- The Constitution of 1917 was amended again by Decree published in the Official Gazette of 15 August 2016. We include the text of the amending law, and have updated our own current/latest translation correspondingly. We also add the consolidated Spanish texts of the Chamber of Deputies, of the Electoral Tribunal, and of the Supreme Court of Justice
- We include the current/latest consolidation of the National Assembly of the Constitution of 1973 as amended up to and including the 22nd Amendment Act
- 5 documents have been added: additional Arabic and French editions of the current Constitution of 2014, and historical documents of 2011 and 1955
- Two additional Acts of Parliament have been included: the Northern Ireland (Stormont Agreement and Implementation Plan) Act, 2016 Chapter 13, together with its Explanatory Notes; and the Immigration Act, 2016 Chapter 19
Following are notable titles available this month:
4 Volume Set – Historia Panstwa i Prawa Polski (1964-1982)
3 Volume Set – Revolutionary Records of the State of Georgia (1908)
2 Volume Set – History of Wisconsin in Three Parts, Historical, Documentary, and Descriptive (1854)
Fragment on Government; Being an Examination of What Is Delivered, on the Subject of Government in General, in the Introduction to Sir William Blackstone's Commentaries (1776)
Constitutiones et Acta Publica Imperatorum et Regum (1893-2013)