We hope everyone who attended the AALL Annual Meeting & Conference in San Antonio had as wonderful an experience as we did!
In case you weren’t able to attend the conference, or you missed our update sessions, here’s a quick summary of what HeinOnline has been up to over the past 12 months:
- We partnered with Fastcase in 2013 to bring case law to HeinOnline core subscribers at no additional charge! Users are able to pull full-text case law into HeinOnline by entering a case citation into the Fastcase tab’s citation box or by clicking inline hyperlinks inside HeinOnline documents. We proudly shared the 2014 AALL Best New Product Award with Fastcase for this partnership!
- Just last month, we enhanced this partnership even further to include additional features such as full-text and metadata searching capabilities for all case law powered by Fastcase in HeinOnline. These additional features are available by synchronizing existing Fastcase and HeinOnline accounts, or by upgrading to Fastcase Premium through your HeinOnline subscription. Contact our Marketing Department for details, and take a look at the Fastcase Quick Reference Guide for additional information about how to use Fastcase in HeinOnline and about the features of both Fastcase Basic and Fastcase Premium.
- We are currently finalizing an agreement with the American Bar Association to make the current content of 104 ABA periodicals accessible via the HeinOnline platform on a subscription basis! This is an opportunity for law libraries to provide users with online access to ABA periodical content that was previously unavailable electronically, and/or replace their print archives with a digital version. More details to follow!
- ScholarCheck has been enhanced to reflect the number of times articles have been accessed by other HeinOnline users during a rolling twelve-month time frame. With a Fastcase Premium subscription, users can also view the number of cases that cite the current article.
- We have enhanced the HeinOnline Welcome Page to include a universal citation navigator, advanced searching options for both full-text and catalog searches, access to MyHein, and more.
- For a detailed look at all enhancements made this year, check out our Fresh Enhancements brochure!
- New libraries have been made available, including State Reports: A Historical Archive, Women and the Law (Peggy), and Immigration Law & Policy in the U.S. The World Treaty Library and National Survey of State Laws are forthcoming in the next few months. For a full recap on new libraries and libraries coming soon, click here.
- The HeinOnline App has been making the news lately! View the recent blog post here that discusses this excellent legal research tool in detail and links to the articles that have featured the app.
- help.heinonline.org was revamped to include our blog, making both the blog and help materials fully searchable. It also features a new user-friendly layout.
- Hein is collaborating with Sony Digital Paper to change document management significantly and have a positive impact on legal research. Read the full press release here to learn more about this new partnership!
- HeinOnline was recently highlighted in this article published in the AALL Spectrum, written by Joe Gerken and based on interviews with our President, Kevin Marmion, as well as Dan Rosati and Rich Marisa.
- The Hein Company was named one of the best companies to work for in Buffalo and was featured in the Buffalo News in June 2014! This honor was the result of a survey taken by employees of the Company.
We have posted all brochures featured at AALL and the PowerPoint from the HeinOnline update sessions here. If you have any questions about what’s new in HeinOnline, or have questions about using the database, contact our HeinOnline Support team at (800) 277-6995, email@example.com, or via Live Chat.